Understanding the social media demographics of each system is an essential step to take prior to determining which platforms make the most feeling for your brand to utilize. Each social networking network comes in a different shape and size, using its own content strategy and consumer base, so there’ s nobody size fits all technique. A person don’ t want to waste your time and energy creating content for a platform exactly where your audience doesn’ t have a large presence.
Rather, you want to invest your valuable time marketing the platforms where your individuals live. If that’ s upon Instagram , you’ ll want to spend some time creating and curating graphics plus images to share, and so on and so forth. Changing your content strategy for each platform your own audience uses is a great way to employ them. And step one is understanding what those platforms are.
To get started, let’ s dive straight into each individual social network’ s demographics. To quickly find the social media demographics you’ re looking for, click on some of the anchor links below to leap to that specific network:
How to pull your own social demographics
Data tells us age group, gender, and location information for your people who tend to use each site and social media platform, but really want to take this a step further? With Sprout Interpersonal , you can pull data from the specific social media platforms to find out the particular demographics of the actual people subsequent you to make sure this is in line with your own target audience.
If you add Sprout Listening to your account, you can take this step even further. You might have access to more than just the data of your supporters. You can tap into the people who are talking about subjects surrounding your brand. Find out how your own audience feels about certain subjects, what they’ re talking about many, and how you can leverage that both in organic and paid strategies.
Once you pull your own social networking demographics, you can get started improving your general social networking strategy . Pair your brand’ s data with insights through each platform and the Pew Study Center’ s social media report to hone your market segmentation with greater precision.
Facebook still reigns supreme with regards to social media. In fact , at 2 . twenty-seven billion monthly active users , over a quarter of the entire world human population is accessing their Facebook account at least once a month. Nearly 1 . 5 billion of those users are checking their accounts daily and 1 ) 3 billion users are chatting with friends and family using Facebook Messenger.
With 68% of adult social media users on Facebook , it’ s a fairly sure bet you’ ll find an audience on that platform. Let’ s take a closer go through the demographics of their user base.
Fb age & gender demographics
With the exception of adults old 65 and older, Facebook can be used by a majority of Americans amongst all other age ranges. The platform is almost split down the middle by sex, but leans more towards a lady user base with 54% ladies and 46% men. Plus, based on the Pew Research Center’ s document , 62% of all online as well as 72% of all online women make use of Facebook, further speaking to its achieve.
Facebook location demographics
Facebook can be used all around the world, with about 89% of monthly active users living outside of the US and Canada and more than 50% speaking a language other than English . With such a diverse platform, it’ s easy to find a your market no matter where they are.
The largest consumer base out of any given country is in fact India, growing to 14% of Facebook users this season. The United States is in second place with 10%, followed by Brazil and Philippines at 6% each.
For US social media users, here is the break down of use by region :
- 75% associated with adults living in urban areas use Fb.
- 67% of grown ups living in suburban areas use Fb.
- 58% of grown ups living in rural areas use Fb.
Fb education demographics
- 60% of adults using a high school diploma or less use Facebook.
- 71% of adults with some college experience use Facebook.
- 77% of adults who graduated college use Facebook.
Facebook income demographics
- 66% of adults who make less than $30, 000 use Facebook.
- 74% of adults who make between $30, 000– $49, 999 use Facebook.
- 70% of adults who make between $50, 000– $74, 999 use Facebook.
- 75% of adults who make over $75, 000 use Facebook.
The Facebook-owned photograph sharing app has grown in both functions and its user base since the inception in 2010. Since the addition associated with Stories and IGTV in the last couple of years, its user base has just increased in size.
Instagram is home to 35% of all US grown ups with 1 billion dollars monthly active users and 500 million daily energetic users . Its Stories function alone boasts 400 million day-to-day active users .
Instagram age & gender demographics
Instagram leans towards a much younger audience than that of Facebook, appealing to teens and young adults with its straightforward, photo-centric design and ease of use.
The photo-heavy platform is also more popular among women than men, with 39% of online women using Instagram vs . 30% of online men.
Instagram location demographics
Over 80% of Instagram’ s user base resides outside of the US, with a few from the top countries including Brazil, Indian, and countries throughout Europe.
For US social media users, this is actually the breakdown of use by area :
- 42% of adults living in urban areas make use of Instagram.
- 34% associated with adults living in suburban areas make use of Instagram.
- 25% associated with adults living in rural areas make use of Instagram.
Instagram education demographics
- 29% of grown ups with a high school diploma or much less use Instagram.
- 36% of adults with some college encounter use Instagram.
- 42% of adults who graduated university use Instagram.
Instagram income demographics
- 30% associated with adults who make less than $30, 000 use Instagram.
- 42% of adults who create between $30, 000– $49, 999 use Instagram.
- 32% of adults who make between $50, 000– $74, 999 use Instagram.
- 42% of adults who make over $75, 000 use Instagram.
Twitter is incredibly popular among its user base, and it has also become an exceptional platform for brands to use for social customer service .
Twitter age & gender demographics
As one of the last remaining social networks using a chronological feed, Twitter has remained a favorite for many of its users. Most widely used with people in their 20s, the micro-blogging platform caters to the younger demographic runs.
The spread of ladies vs . men on the platform is almost even.
- 24% of online women use Tweets.
- 23% of on-line men use Twitter.
Twitter location demographics
Over 79% of Twitter’ s user foundation resides outside of the ALL OF US.
For US social media customers, here is the breakdown of use simply by region :
- 29% of adults living in cities use Twitter.
- 23% of adults living in suburban areas use Twitter.
- 17% of adults living in rural areas use Twitter.
Twitter education demographics
- 18% of adults with a high school diploma or less use Twitter.
- 25% of adults with some college experience use Twitter.
- 32% of adults who graduated college use Tweets.
Tweets income demographics
- 20% of adults exactly who make less than $30, 000 make use of Twitter.
- 21% associated with adults who make between $30, 000– $49, 999 use Tweets.
- 26% of grown ups who make between $50, 000– $74, 999 use Twitter.
- 32% of adults which make over $75, 000 make use of Twitter.
LinkedIn is the number one platform with regards to B2B social media marketing. Known for connecting specialists, LinkedIn has over 590 mil registered users .
LinkedIn age & gender demographics
- 29% of 18-29 year olds use LinkedIn.
- 33% of 30-49 year olds use LinkedIn.
- 24% of 50-64 year olds use LinkedIn.
- 9% of 65+ year olds use LinkedIn.
The percentage of online women and men on the social media platform is equal.
- 25% of online women use LinkedIn.
- 25% of online men use LinkedIn.
LinkedIn location demographics
Over 70% associated with LinkedIn members stay outside of the US.
For all of us social media users, here is the breakdown associated with use by region :
- 30% of grown ups living in urban areas use LinkedIn.
- 27% of adults residing in suburban areas use LinkedIn.
- 13% of adults residing in rural areas use LinkedIn.
LinkedIn education and learning demographics
Thinking of LinkedIn is catered towards social networking for professionals and business owners, it’ s no surprise that the majority of its users have got graduated from college.
- 9% of adults using a high school diploma or less make use of LinkedIn.
- 22% associated with adults with some college experience make use of LinkedIn.
- 50% of adults who graduated college use LinkedIn.
LinkedIn income demographics
- 13% of adults who make less than $30, 000 use LinkedIn.
- 20% of adults who make between $30, 000– $49, 999 use LinkedIn.
- 24% of adults who make between $50, 000– $74, 999 use LinkedIn.
- 45% of adults who make over $75, 000 use LinkedIn.
Pinterest is a visual internet search engine that has revolutionized online shopping on their system. With 250 million monthly energetic users and more than 175 billion items pinned, it’ s created an entirely new method to shop for products. In fact , 61% associated with pinners have made the purchase after seeing a product upon Pinterest.
Pinterest age & sex demographics
Even though more popular with younger users, Pinterest still has a steady user bottom across demographics ranges.
- 34% of 18-29 year olds use Pinterest.
- 34% of 30-49 season olds use Pinterest.
- 26% of 50-64 year olds use Pinterest.
- 16% of 65+ year olds make use of Pinterest.
Even though a higher percentage of online females use the platform, 50% of all brand new signups are men .
Pinterest location demographics
More than fifty percent of Pinterest users live outside of the US.
For US social media users, here is the break down of use by region :
- 29% associated with adults living in urban areas use Pinterest.
- 31% of grown ups living in suburban areas use Pinterest.
- 28% of grown ups living in rural areas use Pinterest.
Pinterest education demographics
- 18% of adults having a high school diploma or less make use of Pinterest.
- 32% associated with adults with some college experience make use of Pinterest.
- 40% associated with adults who graduated college make use of Pinterest.
Pinterest income demographics
- 20% of grown ups who make less than $30, 500 use Pinterest.
- 32% of adults who make in between $30, 000– $49, 999 make use of Pinterest.
- 34% associated with adults who make between fifty dollars, 000– $74, 999 use Pinterest.
- 39% of grown ups who make over $75, 500 use Pinterest.
Snapchat came along as a vanishing messaging app and has quickly changed into a common way for teens and youngsters to chat with each other on their mobile phones. Although it’ s been recently outshined by Instagram Stories, another edition of disappearing updates and text messages, Snapchat still has 186 mil daily active users .
Snapchat age & gender demographics
Snapchat’ s power is in its appeal to younger viewers, and many of its users visit the system multiple times a day .
More women than men use the messages platform.
- 31% of online women use Snapchat.
- 23% of on the internet men use Snapchat.
Snapchat location demographics
For US social media marketing users, here is the breakdown of make use of by region :
- 32% of adults residing in urban areas use Snapchat.
- 26% of adults living in provincial areas use Snapchat.
- 18% of adults living in non-urban areas use Snapchat.
Snapchat education demographics
- 24% of adults with a high school degree or less use Snapchat.
- 31% of adults which includes college experience use Snapchat.
- 26% of adults whom graduated college use Snapchat.
Snapchat revenue demographics
- 23% of adults who create less than $30, 000 use Snapchat.
- 33% of grown ups who make between $30, 000– $49, 999 use Snapchat.
- 26% of adults who seem to make between $50, 000– $74, 999 use Snapchat.
- 30% of adults who create over $75, 000 use Snapchat.
All of the social media demographics
Now that we’ ve taken a look at the particular six most popular social media platforms plus their demographics, let’ s have a look at all social media demographics in general .
- 68% of adults use Facebook.
- 35% of adults make use of Instagram.
- 24% associated with adults use Twitter.
- 25% of adults use LinkedIn.
- 29% of grown ups use Pinterest.
- 27% of adults use Snapchat.
With Facebook’ h user base comprising nearly dual the second most popular social media network’ t user base, it’ s not surprising that it’ s still ruler in the social media world.
However , digging into the detailed demographics above can help you better target your own specific gentes and audience specific niche market. When working on your social media technique, be sure to take these social media demographics into account so that you can find and focus on your audience online. combine this particular data with a tool like Sprout Social and you can track your strategy’ s success with precision.
How have you used social media marketing demographics to inform your strategy? Contact us in the comments!
Social Media Demographics Infographic
Embed This particular Infographic:
If you liked Social networking demographics to drive your brand’s on the internet presence by Chloe West Then you'll love Miami Internet Marketing Consultant