There’ s really no used to social media when the landscape helps to keep changing every few months. Right once you think you’ ve mastered your own social media marketing strategy, you’ ll obtain hit with updates in methods and features. This then affects user behavior and buyer routines. So it’ s crucial just for marketers to be on the lookout for the latest social networking statistics that could affect their current strategies.
Many interpersonal platforms like Instagram continue to observe steady growth in the number of customers. Since 2014, the platform has been viewing a year over year increase associated with no less than 100 million in terms of monthly active users. Among September 2017 and June 2018, the number of monthly active users upon Instagram had increased by two hundred million.
These quantities show how the social media landscape goes through drastic changes in just a matter of many years or months. This means it’ ersus important to constantly stay on top associated with where your audiences are as well as how to connect with them. So to make sure you may improve your existing social media marketing efforts, we’ ve put together some of the latest social networking stats and trends that will help you out there.
Here are 65 essential social media statistics that you’ lso are going to need in 2019.
Facebook continues to experience a stable growth in users in spite of the casual fluctuation. And according to the 2018 Sprout Social Catalog , it remains the most preferred social media platform among social internet marketers. Take a look at the latest social media statistics particular to Facebook:
- 97% of social advertisers decided it as their most used and many useful social media platform.
- Facebook continues to be the most popular social networking web site in terms of number of active users. Since October 2018, it had a small over 2 billion active customers .
- Facebook no more holds second place in the latest worldwide website rankings from Alexa and SimilarWeb . Youtube . com has taken its place, moving Fb down in third position.
- Fb usage among adults in the US has remained more or less exactly the same. 68% of US adults claimed to make use of Facebook in 2018, which is the precise number of US adult Facebook customers reported in 2016 .
- Three-quarters of these current customers access the platform on a daily basis.
- Facebook usage among teens is definitely dropping gradually according to the latest social media marketing statistics. While 71% of teenagers claimed to use the platform in a 2015, the number has now dropped in order to 51% .
- Fb is the second favorite platform pertaining to consuming videos after YouTube. forty percent of consumers said that they watch probably the most videos on Facebook.
- The platform also appeals to social online marketers as an advertising platform with 70% of them choosing Facebook ads because the most useful for achieving their objectives.
- So it’ ersus no surprise that 83% pay for advertisements on Facebook.
- System has managed to double its income per user within three years. Its first quarter revenue for 2018 was $13. two billion– a 42% increase in income year over year.
- The number of local company pages on Facebook has achieved 65 million .
- Brands see a median engagement price of 0. 16% per Facebook post.
Instagram has been encountering a rapid and steady growth within the number of monthly active users. The woking platform has also undergone plenty of changes when it comes to features and interface. One of the most substantial changes was the introduction of IGTV, which enables users to share long-form video content with their followers.
Marketers need to be prepared along with updated social media stats specific in order to Instagram if they want to stay in front of the curve in 2019. Here are some statistics to know for the platform:
- The number of monthly energetic Instagram users has grown to 1 billion dollars according to the latest social media statistics.
- Instagram continues to attract the younger audience with 72% associated with teens saying that they use the platform. It is really an impressive increase from 2015 whenever 52% of teens said that these people used the platform.
- Given that 2016, there’ s also been the 7% increase in the number of US grown ups who use the platform with 35% of them currently using it.
- Even in terms of engagement, Instagram is ahead of Facebook with a typical engagement rate of 1. 73% for each post for brands.
- But among marketers, Instagram nevertheless takes second place to Facebook along with 83% of them using the platform.
- In spite of this, the advertisement spending on Instagram is 23% more than on Facebook based on an internal analysis by Merkle.
- The platform is getting tons of action with users uploading more than hundred million photos and videos every day.
- 2 billion Enjoys occur on the platform every day.
- Thursday is the best day to post on Instagram for manufacturers across all verticals.
- Instagram Profiles saw a fans growth rate associated with 17-33% during 2018.
- Videos get 21. 2% a lot more interactions compared to images and eighteen. 6% more interactions compared to carousels.
- As of June 2018, there have been 400 million daily active Instagram Stories users . That’ s i9000 300 million more users given that its launch in 2016.
Twitter continues to be an important social platform for marketers and immediate customer service. So you need to still keep a close eye at the essential social media statistics specific for this platform.
- 88% of social advertisers utilize it. This makes it even more popular compared to Instagram.
- The platform gained a total of $665 million within revenue during the initial quarter of 2018– a 21% increase year over year.
- $575 million of this overall revenue came from ads. That’ s i9000 another 21% increase.
- Videos accounted for more than half of this advertisement revenue.
- Between Might and June of 2018, Tweets suspended more than 70 million fake and suspicious users. This may have caused a fall in the total count of customers, but also served as a move to raise the authenticity of the content on the system and build user trust.
- There are currently 326 million month-to-month active users in the platform.
- Twitter customers send out 500 million tweets each day.
LinkedIn may not see the same rate associated with growth as platforms like Instagram, since it has a niche audience kind that is different from that of other social networking platforms. But it continues to be the largest expert network and provides B2B companies with the ideal marketing channel.
Being informed on the latest social networking stats relevant to the platform will provide companies with some leverage in 2019. Below are a few stats to help you get started:
- LinkedIn now offers 590 million users with 260 million of them getting active on a monthly basis.
- LinkedIn performs 277% much better than Facebook plus Twitter when it comes to generating visitor-to-lead conversion rate.
- It’ s also the woking platform most used by salespeople to engage using their clients/prospects. 73% of B2B businesses said they use this for this purpose.
- 80% of social networking B2B leads originate from LinkedIn.
- The three main platforms– Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn contributed to 90% of interpersonal traffic to B2B blogs and websites. And the platform was responsible for 1 / 2 of that traffic.
- 91% of executives believe that LinkedIn may be the top choice for professionally related content.
- 89% of B2B marketers include LinkedIn in their digital marketing mix.
- 56% of professionals access the platform using multiple gadgets.
- 62% of LinkedIn members engage with content on the system because they found it educational or even informative.
- 61% build relationships content because it’ s highly relevant to them.
Social media advertising statistics
With changes in social media methods, it has become a lot more challenging meant for brands to earn organic wedding. Now paid social media advertising has become a requirement for brands that want visibility plus results. Check out these social media stats for your twitter advertising efforts in 2019:
- Internet sites are the biggest source of inspiration regarding consumer purchases with 37% of shoppers finding purchase motivation through the channel.
- Social media advertising invest in the US is expected to reach $18. 4 billion in 2019 .
- Emarketer estimated how the ad spending on social video in the US increased by 37. 1% during 2018, reaching $7. 85 billion.
- Fb controlled 84. 9% of this interpersonal video ad growth.
- Social media is the most relevant advertising route for 50% of Gen Z . and 42% of millennials .
- 57% of millennials feel that ads are becoming more related.
- 45% of Style Z and 41% of Style X-ers feel the same, while just 27% of Baby Boomers feel by doing this.
- Non-customers are 3 times more likely than customers to visit merchants from social media ads.
- fifty percent of consumers said that viewing user-generated content would increase their likelihood of buying products through a brand’ t social media.
- 49% stated that easy payment systems (like Amazon . com Pay) would increase their chances of purchasing through social media.
Social media engagement statistics
Social media bridges the particular gap between consumers and manufacturers by providing them with a platform to interact with each other. Brands need to make the most of this particular and create opportunities for interaction plus connection. Otherwise, they could end up shedding potential customers.
High social networking engagement rates will also improve some other aspects of a brand’ s overall performance. Keeping an eye on social media statistics regarding customer preferences and engagement trends is a superb way for brands to refine their particular engagement efforts. The Sprout Index cited earlier highlighted some essential stats on social media engagement. Let’ s take a look:
- 80% of social entrepreneurs said that their key strategy would be to increase engagement across social stations.
- Posts with hyperlinks to more information are the most favored type of content on social media. 30% of consumers said that it’ s the information they like to see most through brands on social. 18% favored graphics and images, while 17% would like to see produced video.
- 61% of social internet marketers prioritize social media posts that coach. 58% focus on telling a story plus 53% focus on posts that encourage.
- This shows that there’ s a huge misalignment with what customers actually prefer. 73% of consumers need posts about discounts and product sales. 60% want to see posts that display new products and services. 59% need posts that teach something.
- 58% of consumers prefer visual-first content, with their main preferences becoming graphics and images and created video.
- 74% of shoppers share video content from brand names on social media.
- People are equally likely to share and build relationships inspirational posts from brands.
- For 45% of consumers, social networking is one of the first channels they go in order to in case they have any questions or even issues.
- In fact , 21% of consumers would rather message a brand upon social media instead of calling up customer support.
- 88% of interpersonal marketers said that it’ s essential for their brands to provide customer service through social media .
- The most common reason consumers reach out to brands on social media marketing is because they have a question. 57% of shoppers reported doing this.
- The 2nd most common reason is to have an problem with a product or service resolved. 45% of consumers have done this.
- A fair amount of people (34%) furthermore reach out to brands on social media to allow them to commend them on their products or services. Brand names should use all of these instances being an opportunity to build relationships.
- 21% of consumers are more likely to buy from manufacturers that they can reach on social media.
If you liked sixty-five Social Media Statistics to Bookmark within 2019 by Jacqueline Zote Then you'll love Miami Internet Marketing Consultant